Using Ornamental Rhubarb in Your Garden and More
Welcome to mid-July. It’s a great time of year. When the weather is cool, like in the morning, that's the best time to work in the garden.
Here are some tips for th... Read More
- Water early in the morning, if showers and thunderstorms don't hit your area.
- Check soil moisture with a water meter.
- Remove any diseased or dead branches from trees, shrubs, and perennials.
- Turn over your mulch to give it a fresh look. Mulch fades. Using a rake or spade fork to turn it is an easy way to spruce up the yard.
- Deadhead daylilies as they die off. Cut the stalk that contained the flowers back to the base of the plant. Some varieties will actually rebloom.
- Pick vegetables early in the morning. The sugars are highest at that time, so your produce will taste best.
- Don't fertilize any plants, including lawns that are under stress.
- Find a big-leafed plant like ornamental rhubarb to fill in blank spots in the garden.
- Throw a garden party so you can show off all your hard work!
More Videos in This Category (Full Archive
Articles in This Category: