What To Do In May: Week 2
Here are some ideas and recommendations for the week.
1. Plant a potted herb garden. Use any pot you like -- just make sure it's at least 8" deep.
2. Weed, weed, and weed some more. Lots of weeds coming up in the garden right now. Get them out early so yo
u don't have to deal with them later.
3. Water your newly planted shrubs and trees, and even annuals and perennials. When it's dry for a few days in a row, it's important, because the roots are not established yet.
4. Take pictures of your garden now. You can look at the pictures this fall and winter and know what holes you need to fill for early spring color.
5. Leave the Rhododendron alone. If they sustained winter damage, wait three to four more weeks to see if they come back.
6. Check trees for winter moth damage as the week goes on. If the leaves are being eaten, use BT or Spinosad to treat them (they're organic).
Have a great week, and please feel free to email your suggestions and comments.
More Videos in This Category (Full Archive